Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines Day

So you'd expect this to be a bitter diatribe against the worlds cruelest hallmark holiday except that it's not. I got flowers this year so I'm happy (nevermind that they were from my dad). I'll be in a pretty good mood this week because I get to spend all my free time, and not so free time, hanging out with three clingy cats. Nothing cures the romantic blues more than feeling needed, even if it is just by animals.

I just bought Percy Jackson and Olympians: the Lightning Thief. Haven't read much of it yet but I'm excited. My managers keep asking me what I would read as kid and going through the list just makes me upset that I supposedly grew out of that stage. Buying it was probably a reaction to that.

So I thought I'd make a list and share of all the books I'm going to need to reread once I'm out of college and have nothing to do. (I was going to wait till I had my own kids by that's assuming way to much about my future). Sadly my mom made me give away most of my books when we moved senior year of high school so I supposed I'll finally have to get a library card.

So let's start with the series. These are the ones I've already read but since I'll be reliving my childhood with this mission any suggestions would be awesome.

Babysitters Club
Animorphs
Boxcar Children
Little House on the Prairie
Anne of Green Gables
Harry Potter

Briar Rose

To Kill a Mockingbird (I know, totally not a kids book, but it was the first chapter book I read by myself. Mom was reading it to me because I liked the movie and then got into one of her 2 hour long conversations with my aunt. Finally I had enough and took off with it myself).
All of Jane Austen's stuff
Shakespeare's plays (maybe I'l get through all of them)
Jane Eyre...(don't think I'll get through it, overloaded in high school, by I should at least try)
Gregory Macguire's stuff

and then I'll go from there. It's weird thinking that for once the majority of what I read won't be dictated to me. I'm not sure what to do with myself.

Anyway one of the cats is demanding attention so I've lost all point to this post.

P.S. the world is round again, my prof admitted she was wrong and I was right and that was the most awesome feeling EVER!.

PPS. too much PDA is gross people. you can be all snuggly at home and all but waiting in line in starbucks and making out is not the nicest way to multitask.


No comments:

Post a Comment